Seniors After High School

Josie Conway, reporter

As the end of high school is approaching, seniors are figuring out what they want to do with their lives. I got the privilege of talking to six seniors about the specific paths they will take after high school. Here are each of their plans:

Darby Roberts-

After high school, I plan to go to Spring Hill in Mobile, and I’ll be going for a degree in early childhood education and a minor in psychology, so I can be both a teacher and a student counselor! Once I graduate college, I plan to immediately find work in a school and start teaching the next generation of students!

Aven Brasher-

After I graduate from Fairhope High School, I will be attending Mississippi State University as a full-time Landscape Architecture student. Landscape Architecture, or what I call “plant planning,” combines the modernness of today’s architecture, while incorporating the space’s natural beauty.  I will complete a four-year degree and eventually I plan to complete my master’s degree in Landscape Architecture at Auburn University and build my resume to start a successful career. I would love to learn more and work for a company that is as passionate as I am about the preservation of our environment Eventually, I would like to start my own company

Hagan LeDrew-

I want to go to college at West Carolina. I plan to major in criminology and after college, I want to be a game warden or conservation officer.

Kailey Mooney-

I will be attending the University of Alabama in the fall. I plan to study pre-physical therapy. I’ve always wanted a career that helps people become healthier and more comfortable in their bodies. Helping others has always been my passion. I want to be able to help others heal and get back to their normal lives. My volunteer work at Planet Fitness has influenced me to pursue this. My time at the gym helping others with their workout routines and helping to establish healthy habits encouraged me to want to pursue a physical therapist occupation. After university, I plan to go to graduate school to become a licensed physical therapist. During college, I plan on rushing and working to help pay off debt so I will be able to go to graduate school and pursue my dream career.

Ricky McCants-

I will be attending The University of Alabama A&M. I will be majoring in social work and become a school social worker. I wanted to become a social worker because I wanted to help kids in situations that they should not have to go through as young children. I would just love to make a difference in a child’s life or try my best to put them in a better environment, rather than see them fail and let go of everything before their life even started. Other than that, my dream is to open shelters around the world for underprivileged children; children from all different background such as LGBTQ+ community, to kids being abandoned at a young age and having nowhere to go.

Joseph Perry-

I want to enlist in the Marine Corps, do infantry and eventually get with MARSOC or Force Recon. Eventually, I want to go to college for electrical engineering and then apply for officer candidate school in the Marine Corps.

Darby Roberts
Ricky McCants
Aven Brasher
Kailey Mooney