Preparing for May

Ellery Scott, reporter

As we come upon the end of March, here are some things that you should know before the end of the 2020-2021 school year!

We all know that our school year is coming to an end and with that comes summer! Although we are all excited for fun in the sun, there are a few things that we must cross off the list before May. The Pirateer talked to Cammie Adams, the junior and IB counselor, about a few things to note before the end of this school year.

When are exams? Finals are May 19-21, makeups are on May 24

What days are particular classes on? 7th period exams are on May 19, 4th, 5th and 6th period exams are on May 20,  and 1st, 2nd, 3rd period exams are on May 21.

If students have any fees due to the school, how should they pay them and to who/where? They should go online to pay at www.fairhopehs.com and select pay fees or go see Mrs. Kuehl in the front office.

What do students (9-12) have to do in order to be exempt from exams? 

ALL STUDENTS must have no more than 3 total unexcused absences (beginning on the first day of school) and have no off-campus suspensions or expulsions.

9th grade– Students in the 9th grade are unable to be exempt from finals.

10th grade– Students must have a B or higher in any classes they wish to be exempt from. They can be exempt from final exams in English if they score an 18 on the PreACT English section. Students can be exempt from History if they score a 22 on the PreACT Reading section. They can be exempt from math if they score a 22 on the PreACT Math section. Finally, students can be exempt from science if they score a 23 on the PreACT Science section.

11th grade– Students must have a B or higher in any classes they wish to be exempt from. They must have also completed all sections of the ACT administered by Baldwin County Public Schools.

12th grade-Students must have a B or higher in any classes they wish to be exempt from. Students can be exempt from final exams in all core subjects if they have earned a CCR Indicator or have earned a silver or higher level on the WorkKeys exam.

There you have it! Make sure you check off your to do list and be prepared for the end of this school year.