Go team go!... The Fairhope swim team huddles and chants. The team won first place. “I think swimming is both mentally and physically challenging; some events impact more mentally, though. For me it's the 50 free,” said Roderick Farrington, sophomore.
Go team go!… The Fairhope swim team huddles and chants. The team won first place. “I think swimming is both mentally and physically challenging; some events impact more mentally, though. For me it’s the 50 free,” said Roderick Farrington, sophomore.
Addison Glies
Categories:

Fairhope Swim Team wins third home meet

by Isabella Boney, Abbie Butler, Addie Glies, Kendall Kirchoff and Halle Smith

Fairhope High School swim team hosted its third meet on Thursday, October 10, at the Fairhope Municipal Pool, where area teams competed. Fairhope won the meet and Spanish Fort came in a close second. 

Take your mark… Sophomore Kaitlyn Grant dives on Event 7 for her 50 freestyle. Her second individual event was the 100 backstroke. (Addison Glies)

Bayshore Christian School, Roberstdale High School, Foley High School, Baker High School, Spanish Fort High School, Saralad High School, Alma Bryant High School, Jacksonville Academy, and Fairhope High School brought swimmers for the 22-event meet. 

“My best event is the 50 free, and my best personal best time is 26.86,” said Fairhope High School sophomore Katelynn Grant.

Grant was part of the 200 medley relay (Ciara Darr, Lydia Brown, Grant, Claire Wang) and 400 free relay (Grant, Anna Claire Leon, Kelsey Brockner, Marlee Calhoun) which both placed first. 

The Pirates placed first in five individual events. Individual winners included Brenley Crenshaw in the 200 freestyle, Wang in the 50 and 100 freestyle, Darr in the 100 butterfly and Caden Sheppard in the 100 freestyle. 

Other first-place relay winners were the Girls 200 freestyle relay (Wang, Brown, Aleena Trissl and Darr) and Boys 400 freestyle relay (Pearson Jenkins, Cooper Brechman, Liam Silvia and  Sheppard).

Trissl said that training helps with meet preparation. “I do a lot of hard training, sprints every day for two hours help with speed and agility.”

The Boys 200 freestyle relay (Jenkins, Alex Paulsen, Brechman and Sheppard) qualified for the AHSAA State Championship to be held in Huntsville in November. 

The Pirates host their next home meet on October 24, at the Fairhope Municipal Pool.