Ends meet… Seniors dance to the emotional “Super Trouper” song. The students cheered and the dancers readied for their next performance.
Haley Gunther

Dance Collective performs “Seasons”

by Haley Gunther, reporter

FAIRHOPE, Ala.– April 16 through 18, the Dance Collective performed their showcase themed “Seasons” in the black box theater.

Hot, hot, hot…The Dance Collective performs “Cruel Summer” shaking away the summer sun. The students cheered and applauded. (Haley Gunther)

“My favorite dance was ‘Cruel summer’,“ said Jillian Nichols, junior dancer. “I think I did my best in the student show and I did my best in autumn the [Wednesday] dance.”

The Dance Collective Team has been preparing for the Seasons showcase since coming back from Christmas break.

“From our shows I’ve learned that teamwork is so important and we all have to work together and help each other out in order for the show to be the best it can,” said Lillian Wade, senior dancer.

The Dance Collective Team sees themselves not only as friends but family. Most of the girls look forward to ending the school day in the dance room.

“Showcases are my favorite time of the year because it is when I feel the closest to my team,” said Katarina

A success… The Dance Collective shares equal emotions about their last performance. Students from the stands joined the dancers on the floor to congratulate them. (Haley Gunther)

Hlavin, senior dancer. “We help each other with hair or makeup and make sure everybody is prepared and I really like the atmosphere during showcases, we all laugh and get ready together and I’ve made the best memories with them!”

The team gets ready every Tuesday when they have a performance and parties before the show.

“My favorite memory is after the last showcase we always do dances over the years in dance class,” said Erin Gillen, senior dancer.

The Dance Collective celebrated their last performance of the year. They will have a show in spring and fall, and next year in November.